The Historic US Silver Dollar that is synonymous with the Wild West – Own the very first and last pieces together in one collection
It was in 1878 that the very first Morgan Dollar was minted by the U.S. Mint - . a historical significant coin dating back to the days of the American Wild West and the ‘Roaring Twenties’ By 1921 when the last was struck hundreds of millions of the Morgan Silver Dollars had been minted.
In the years since, the vast majority of these coins have been melted down and disappeared forever. This was primarily done by the US Government in response to the necessity of funding the war effort of two World Wars - though millions too were privately melted in 1980s. The coin has now become one of the most sought-after of all US historical pieces – and we can offer you the chance to own a first and last example of this coin – struck in 900/1000 – housed together in one set.
First and last coins are always in tremendous demand, and the first-year 1878 and the final-year 1921 Morgan Silver Dollars are especially prized – but rarely seen together in a single collection. I suggest therefore an immediate response is required.
Key Issue Information:
- A fantastic opportunity to own two genuine United States Silver Morgan Dollars – the very first and last coins of this issue
- Both of these coins were originally struck in 900/1000 Silver by the US Mint
- With a history dating well over 100 years – these two coins are of great historical significance
- The majority of Morgan Dollars were melted down during the first half of the 20th Century meaning those that remain have become even more sought-after by collectors
- Comes housed in Presentation Case with official Certificate of Authenticity
Metal: 900/1000 Silver
Years of issues: 1878 & 1921
Obverses: Lady Liberty
Reverse: American Eagle
Country of issue: United States of America
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom