Magnificent issue from United Kingdom to mark the Sapphire Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II – officially SOLD OUT at Royal Mint
To celebrate the Sapphire Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, the Royal Mint has issued a brand new United Kingdom £5 Silver Coin for 2017. Featuring a unique commemorative design to be seen on the £5 Crown for this release only, the coin sold out of the entire edition limit of 8,000 pieces in less than a fortnight – one of the most rapid Royal Mint sell-outs ever for a silver £5 coin.
Struck in 925/1000 Sterling Silver, the coin has been minted to an immaculate proof finish. The coin also comes housed in custom-made Royal Mint Presentation Case along with Certificate of Authenticity making it the perfect addition to any collection and displays the brand-new design perfectly.
Above and beyond that however, it is the sold out status at the Royal Mint alongside the key royal celebration that makes it such an essential piece. Fortunately, Harrington & Byrne secured some of the very final coins available and can now offer today. However, with demand already proving extremely strong on the secondary market and with this being such a key royal year with the Platinum Wedding celebrations due in November, our stock will not last long.
Place your order today.
Key Issue Information:
- Official United Kingdom silver crown issue from the Royal Mint in 2017 to mark the Sapphire Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II
- Issued with an individual mintage of 8,000 coins worldwide, the £5 Silver Coin has already sold out at the Royal Mint, in just two weeks after issue date!
- Struck in 925/1000 Sterling Silver to an immaculate proof finish and to the historic crown specifications
- Demand on the secondary market is already high - especially in this key royal year which will see the Queen & Prince Philip celebrate their Platinum Wedding
- Comes housed within official Royal Mint Presentation Case with Certificate of Authenticity
Metal: 925/1000 Fine Silver
Year of issue: 2017
Edition Limit: 8,000
Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
Reverse: Imperial State Crown Design
Country of issue: United Kingdom
Delivery via Royal Mail
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom