Marking the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain – limited edition double-thickness silver coin
2015 marks the 75th anniversary of the pivotal triumph of the Battle of Britain – and it is only right that the nation once again commemorates the bravery and sacrifice of the few.
It is as a result of this anniversary that an extremely limited edition silver Piedfort coin has been released, the perfect commemoration for this historic anniversary. Struck in 25/1000 Sterling Silver to an immaculate proof finish, this double-thickness crown coin features at its heart a magnificent design of the Spitfire – the aeroplane that was emblematic of the Battle of Britain triumph.
Surprisingly this new piece is limited to just 199 coins worldwide - a tiny edition limit for a release that commemorates such an important event and that is struck in silver. This could well be the last commemorative coin of any significance to be released to mark the Battle of Britain until the centenary in 25 years time – with that in mind demand has already proved high and a sell out is expected.
Key Issue Information:
- 2015 marks the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain
- A pivotal victory of World War Two, a new silver double-thickness crown has rightfully been issued with a strict mintage of just 199 worldwide – one of the smallest for a silver issue in 2015
- Features unique reverse design featuring the iconic Spitfire, which was central to the victory
- Struck in over an ounce of 925/1000 Sterling Silver to a peerless proof finish
- Housed in Deluxe Presentation Case with Certificate of Authenticity
Metal: 925/1000 Sterling Silver
Year of issue: 2015
Edition Limit: 199
Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
Reverse: Spitfire design
Country of issue: Tristan da Cunha
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom