Brand New Release - Just 499 gold coins struck to mark landmark year for Queen Elizabeth II
Introducing one of the very first coins to be issued to celebrate the 90th Birthday of Queen Elizabeth II in 2016 – the Queen is the first reigning monarch in history to celebrate this personal landmark whilst on the throne.
Minted to the same historic specifications as the gold sovereign in a quarter ounce of 22 Carat Gold to an immaculate proof finish, this brand new 2016 £1 Gold Coin has been issued with a worldwide mintage of just 499 coins. A tiny mintage for a coin of this importance, it is set to sell-out within just weeks of its release. To put the edition into even more context it is 15 times smaller than the limit for the UK Proof Sovereign in 2016 - which is also expected to be sold out soon – making it one of the most coveted pieces of the year.
To mark this unique 90th Birthday year for Queen Elizabeth II, esteemed heraldic artist Timothy Noad has created a unique reverse design featuring the floral emblems of the United Kingdom with a bouquet and enhanced by a ribbon shaped into the figure ‘90’. The designer’s previous work includes the renowned one-year UK Sovereign coins of 2002 and 2005.
With the combination of low mintage, historic royal birthday celebration for the Queen and classical design, this coin is a perfect addition to any collection. A sell-out is expected soon – place your reservation today to avoid missing out.
Key Issue Information
- Brand new release, issued to celebrate the 90th Birthday of Queen Elizabeth II in 2016
- New £1-sized coin, struck in 22 Carat Gold to a peerless proof finish
- Limited to just 499 coins worldwide – half the mintage size of the equivalent coin in 2015, that was issued for Longest Reigning Monarch
- Mintage is 15 times smaller than the 2016 UK Proof Sovereign which will sell out
- Features unique reverse design by heraldic artist Timothy Noad – designer of both the 2002 and 2005 UK Sovereign coins
Metal: 22 Carat Gold
Year of issue: 2016
Country of Issue: Tristan da Cunha
Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
Reverse: UK floral emblems in 90 Bouquet
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom