Half Sovereign from the otherside of the world
The Australian Half Sovereign has a history dating back well over 100 years to the 19th Century. The coin was struck originally on behalf of the Royal Mint at the branch mints of Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. However, what is far less well known is that the latter of these mints – the modern day Perth Mint – made the significant decision to revive the striking of modern Australian Half Sovereigns in 2015.
116 years since the first half sovereign was struck at the Perth Mint, the 2015 Australia Proof Half Sovereign coin reached full allocation status and would go off-sale within weeks of its launch. Now the brand new 2016 has been issued. Released with the same worldwide mintage of just 1,500 coins, this real collector’s secret is now available for you to own as Harrington & Byrne has been extremely fortunate enough to secure a small allocation.
22 Carat Gold
Struck in 22 Carat Gold to the same historical specifications as the UK Half Sovereign coin, the proof-only issue features a design that pays homage to the very first Australian Half Sovereigns that were struck in the mid-19th Century.
With demand always high for the most important Sovereign issues, the Australia Half Sovereign is expected to be sold out soon. Secure yours today, housed in official Perth Mint Presentation Case with Certificate of Authenticity.
Key Product Information:
- Brand new 2016 Australian Gold Proof Half Sovereign – struck by the historic Perth Mint
- Second modern release of this iconic coin from Australia, last year’s piece was quickly allocated and is no longer available
- The new 2016 issue is limited to just 1,500 coins worldwide – a sell-out is expected soon
- Minted to the same historic specifications as the UK equivalent coin, the Half Sovereign has been struck in 22 Carat Gold to a magnificent proof finish
- Comes housed within official Perth Mint Presentation Case with Certificate of Authenticity
Metal: 22 Carat Gold
Year of issue: 2016
Country of Issue: Australia
Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
Reverse: St Edward's Crown & laurel wreath
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom