The highly coveted Golden Jubilee Sovereign that sold out in record time
The 2002 Golden Jubilee Sovereign is one of the most sought after UK coins of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. With a combination of one-year-only design and royal commemoration, the coin is a must-have piece for any serious UK coin collection.
Significant Royal Celebration
In 2002 The Royal Mint took the decision to mark the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II with the issue of new one year only sovereign.
The Golden Jubilee Sovereign was just the second design change to feature on the UK Sovereign since 1887 when it was released. As a result of that fact – and the national euphoria that was generated by the significant royal celebration – the coin duly sold out of its 12,500 edition limit in record time, with the official declaration coming before the end of January 2002.
If anything demand is greater than ever for this coin, due to the scarce numbers that are available on the secondary market and the success of the Diamond Jubilee Sovereign in 2012. The good news though is that Harrington & Byrne has been able to secure a limited stock of the 22 Carat Gold coin – and in original Royal Mint Presentation.
But to secure your coin a prompt response is essential. Only limited stock remains.
Key Issue Information:
- Unique sovereign struck to mark the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II
- Original mintage of just 12,500 sold out within weeks of release in 2002. Now available in only very scarce numbers
- One year only reverse shield design recalled the shield design last featured on the sovereign in 1887 - the Golden Jubilee year of Queen Victoria
- Struck in 22 Carat Gold to a peerless proof finish
- Comes housed within original Royal Mint Presentation
Metal: 22 Carat Gold
Year of issue: 2002
Country of issue: United Kingdom
Edition Limit: 12,500
Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
Reverse: Royal Shield
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom